Areas of Law / Insurance law

A car crashed into mine at very high speed. The driver got out and ran off. The police arrived moments later, and I learned they had been following the other car for some time. My car is a write-off. What is my position as regards my insurers?

If you have comprehensive insurance you should make a claim in the normal way. This is quicker and simpler than claiming via the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, and your insurers will probably deal with your claim through the MIB in any case. Discuss with them how your no claims bonus might be affected. If you suffered an injury from the crash you should contact a solicitor specialising in such claims. They will be able to help you determine what compensation you might be entitled to.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms