Areas of Law / Employment

A senior manager, who has now left the company, told me I was to get a pay rise effective from the first of the month. A colleague was told the same thing. When the rise didn’t show up in my pay packet I had a meeting with the head of personnel, who denied all knowledge of the increase. I am concerned that the pay award will not now materialise.

It’s important to get these things in writing. Although what you were told by the manager who’s now left was contractually binding you have the difficulty of proving that the conversation actually took place. If your colleague (or other people) was present at the time and will back you up you could take your case to an employment tribunal which could award you the increase. Use the firm’s grievance procedure first.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms