Areas of Law / Consumer Law

In April I called out the plumbers when my boiler didn’t heat the water. They fitted a new part, but the problem reappeared within an hour and they came back and fitted another part. Two months later I had the same problem and the replacement part was found to be faulty. I was amazed to get a bill for £156 to replace the faulty part. Do I have to pay this?

I think you should suggest that the plumber takes this up with the supplier or manufacturer of the faulty part. If the plumber is adamant that you should pay and you refuse, they would have to sue you in order to get their money, and I think the court would agree with you that plumbers should supply parts that last longer than two months.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms