Areas of Law / Property

We bought a house on a freehold estate of 12 properties six years ago. The builder has formed a management company to run the estate, which involves a road and grounds. However there is an office development at the end of the road which doesn’t appear to have to contribute. As a result the residents are reluctant to pay for the upkeep. Can they foist a management company on us?

Is there anything in your title deeds allowing for collection of a service charge? If there is, you may be able to invite a professional management company to step in and take over looking after the estate. If not then this could be very difficult to sort out. The residents should get together and ask a solicitor to check your title deeds and see what right the office development has to make use of your road.

If you’ve got a similar question, why not ask us?




What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms