Areas of Law / Personal Injury

Have you suffered an injury? Unsure of whether you can make a personal injury claim?

Suffering an accident is stressful enough but pursuing a compensation claim shouldn’t be a burden. Let our legal advisors support you through this difficult time. Whatever your question we can provide the legal answers you require. From whether you are eligible to receive compensation, to the funding options available to you. And best of all, it won’t cost you a penny.

What can I claim for?

Personal injury law covers all sorts of incidents. These can be split into six main categories:

  • Accident at work claims
  • Claims against local authorities or companies
  • Industrial disease claims
  • Road traffic accident claims
  • Serious injury claims
  • Slip, trip and fall claims

Can’t see your accident on this list? Don’t panic. Our personal injury lawyers deal with all types of injury claims, often on a no win no fee basis. When making a claim, you will be compensated not only for the pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of the accident / illness, but also for any loss of amenity or expenses that have come as a direct result of the incident.

Am I eligible to claim compensation?

If you have suffered physical or psychological discomfort because of another person or organisation’s negligence then you can claim compensation for personal injury. A specialist personal injury solicitor will be guide you through what you will need to do and what you will need to prove in order to make a successful claim.
Compensation can cover you for loss of earnings, medical expenses and rehabilitation costs. Whatever you need to get back on your feet.

Still uncertain?

Whether you need advice or to clarify a query -ask one of our legal advisors today. Simply write your question in the box and our lawyers will handle the rest.

Free personal injury legal advice at your fingertips.


Personal Injury Questions

I was told to help a colleague move a photocopier to another department. I hurt my back and am likely to be off work for several months. My personnel manager says I won’t get full pay while I’m away. Is that right?

I was exposed to asbestos dust 35 years ago when I used to lag pipes for a building company, and my doctor tells me I will now have to give up work. I have tried to find my old employer but the company ceased trading many years ago. Am I too late to claim compensation?

Six weeks after my mother started a new job she fell down some stairs at work, breaking a bone in her foot. She was in plaster for six weeks, and has just undergone further painful surgery. After the accident her employer sacked her. Is there anything she can do about this?

A friend injured his hand at work. His employers didn’t give him any training whatsoever, but when the case went to court this fact wasn’t brought up. Who is therefore liable for his injury?

Last year I tripped on a poorly-repaired pavement left by contractors laying cables. I’m 73 and suffered severe bruising to my left leg and arm. The council told me the contractors were responsible. I wrote to the firm enclosing photos and demanding £500 compensation for pain, suffering, bruising and a suit of clothes, but three letters and a ‘phone call later there’s still no sign of any money.

Ten years ago I was the victim of a vicious attack and received more than £3,000 in compensation from the Criminal Injuries Board. I never recovered and have been constantly under medication for depression. They tell me though that no further compensation is available.

My daughter who is four pulled a heavy stool over on to herself while we were in a travel shop. She had to have four stitches in the cut she received to her eye, which we’re told will leave a scar. Do we have a claim against the shop owners?

I was knocked down by a car and managed to get the number, but the driver is denying the accident ever happened! I injured my back and called the doctor straight away but there were no witnesses. Do I have any chance of bringing a claim against the driver?

In March I slipped and fell on the ramp of a temporary wooden walkway erected round some building work and injured my back, the boards were slippery after heavy rain. The council’s insurers say the contractors provided an indemnity against such accidents and have denied liability. Where do I go from here?

Our service is completely free and we can help you.

Ask your question now

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms