Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

For two years I’’ve been trying to get something done to stop water from the council’’s storm drain entering my property. The water has weakened the retaining wall in my back yard, but although the council admits that water from the leaking drain is coming into the yard, they say they won’t repair the drain until I’’ve repaired the wall.

It’’s time you asked a solicitor to help you get things moving. You will need a surveyor’s report to back you up, but armed with that you should be able to send a solicitor’s letter to Lancashire Highways insisting they rectify the problem within a specified period, say 28 days. They should also rebuild your wall if water from the storm drain has weakened it.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms