Areas of Law / Property

How can you remove a charging order from a property when the creditor company cannot find any details of the debt? The caution has been listed at the Land Registry since 1995.

The Land Registry will have a copy of the original application to register the caution and will probably show the amount of the debt but without any details of the case it will be impossible to go to court to have the charging order removed. In these circumstances you can make an application to the Land Registry to cancel the caution –a procedure known as “warning off”. The creditor company will then have an opportunity to object to the application but if it is unable to produce details of the debt it is likely to be unsuccessful.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms