Areas of Law / Employment

My husband was awarded more than two thousand pounds for unfair dismissal by a tribunal seven years ago, but he never received a penny. The firm went into receivership. The case is supposedly being dealt with by a union solicitor, but my husband is now retired and the solicitor is never in when we call these days.

If the award cannot be met by the firm’s liquidators some of it will eventually be paid by the government. However there’s often a delay because the liquidator must be asked for the money first. But seven years is too long, and it’s not acceptable that your solicitor is not replying to your calls. Union solicitors are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority too, so I suggest you write to them after first making a complaint to the union.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms