Areas of Law / Employment

I had an accident at work, injuring my back, and have been off for three months. Does the company have to provide a medical check-up, and within what timescale? Could I sue the company for my injuries?

It depends how the accident happened. If you were required to lift something heavy without receiving proper training, or spend a lot of time doing repetitive lifting tasks, you may well have a claim against the firm. It’s usually worth asking a solicitor specialising in personal injury claims to investigate; most won’t charge you for an initial appointment. Since you’ve been off work so long it’s possible the firm is making noises about terminating your employment. In that case there are procedures your employer must follow, including seeking a medical opinion, before the firm can dismiss you. Your employment contract might deal with the issue.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms