Areas of Law / Consumer Law

I bought my bungalow 18 months ago. The coloured glass in the top windows kept cracking in cold weather, but all the cracked panes were replaced before I moved in. When another window cracked last winter I called out the installer again, but they charged me £60. Do I have to pay this? Surely glass should last more than a few years?

You can sometimes take over the warranties for double-glazing and damp courses when you buy a house. It’s a good idea if you can do it, since without the warranty you have no claim on the installer: their contract was with the previous owner of the house. If (when) you pay the bill you should try to reach some agreement with the firm about the rest of the windows.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms