Areas of Law / Medical Negligence

I am currently waiting for a barrister’s advice on my chances of success with a negligence claim, and I have been trying to arrange legal expenses insurance to cover the cost of the case. Where can I get this from?

You would need to get a special type of insurance, known as “after the event insurance” to cover the costs. Standard policies will not cover this situation. If your case is being run on a “No Win No Fee” (also called conditional fee) basis your solicitor will probably require you to take out such insurance, but it is also available if you do not have a conditional fee agreement. The insurance cover will cost more to arrange if you are in the middle of proceedings, and with some schemes may not be available at that stage. Discuss it with your solicitor.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms