Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I have been divorced for two years. My ex-husband lives in our house with the children. I would now like to go for custody of the children and also to have the house back. Where do I start?

If you have been divorced for two years it suggests that the children have been living with your ex-husband for longer than that. You would need to come up with a very strong argument as to why things should change. Since the children’s welfare will be the court’s top priority it’s likely that the parent they were staying with would get to live in the house. If it was decided that the children should stay with your husband he could be ordered to sell the house and give you your share when they reach 18. Discuss your situation in detail with a solicitor.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms