Areas of Law / Property

I live in the middle house of three in a terraced row. As a result my guttering doesn’’t have a downpipe, but my neighbours want me to contribute to the cost of replacing their rainwater systems since they’re used by water coming off my roof. Do I have to chip in?

You will have to check your title deeds to find out exactly what the position is. The chances are that you’’ll find an “easement” allowing you to discharge rainwater on to your neighbours’ property and also making you liable to contribute equally with your neighbours to the upkeep and repair of gutters and downpipes.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms