Areas of Law / Property

I owned a house jointly with a relative and agreed to let him have my share at a discount for a quick sale. But four years later I’d received nothing, and eventually the court ordered the house to be sold. The relative died shortly afterwards, and I received some money in dribs and drabs, but most of it went on legal aid. Can I still pursue this?

I can’t understand why the house was transferred into your relative’s sole name until you received your money. If you didn’t agree to this you will have a bone to pick with your solicitor. You can still ask your relative’s executors for any money still owing, through the County Court if necessary. But if he had a lot of debts and there’s nothing in his estate you will be wasting still more money on litigation.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms