Areas of Law / Personal Injury

I was told to help a colleague move a photocopier to another department. I hurt my back and am likely to be off work for several months. My personnel manager says I won’t get full pay while I’m away. Is that right?

It may be if your employment contract doesn’t entitle you to full sick pay. Your employer is obliged to pay you statutory sick pay at least for a limited period, but it won’t be as much as your usual wages. If you do lose out it could, however, be your employer’s fault: you might be entitled to compensation for your injury as well as your lost wages, so it could be worth your while seeing a solicitor specialising in personal injury claims.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms