Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

I understand that a judge has the power to change the contents of a will where a son or daughter has been left out owing to a family feud. What steps can the maker of a will take to ensure that their wishes are carried out?

It’s possible for children to go to court under the family provision legislation to claim a share of a parent’s estate. However they are unlikely to be successful unless they were either partly or wholly maintained by the deceased at the time of his or her death. If you were to write a note and keep it with your will explaining why a child was excluded it would more than likely preclude such a claim.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms