Areas of Law / Property

I want to change the deeds of my house over to my son and his partner, or sell it to them for a nominal sum. Which is the cheapest option, and how much would it cost?

This is a very serious step, especially if you are still living in the house, and you should at least discuss your reasons with a solicitor before going ahead. It won’’t cost very much to alter the deeds at the Land Registry, but you have to consider what might happen to your home if your son and his partner were to split up, or worse still, your son were to die. The property would then be owned by his partner, and you may no longer have a roof over your head. Couldn’’t you just leave it to them in your will?

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms