Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I was married for 26 years. My husband left me three years ago for a woman with young children and last year they bought a house together. He says he has no money to help me, but while I spent last Christmas in a flat on income support he took the family to Florida for the fourth time.

You could seek a divorce based on either adultery, unreasonable behaviour or desertion, and you will be able to sort out your financial affairs at the same time. If your husband has spent your joint assets on a house which is providing a home for young children it may add complications, but you may well be entitled to capital and/or maintenance. See a solicitor as soon as possible.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms