Areas of Law / Employment

I won my case at an employment tribunal. The date on which I should have received my money has now gone, and I believe the company I used to work for has put in an appeal. What steps can I take now, other than going to the County Court?

The County Court is your next step: you can apply to enforce the tribunal’s order in the same way as a money judgment, and you can do this even if the respondent has appealed. Note that an employer who does not pay the compensation awarded by the tribunal within 42 days of the decision is required to pay simple interest on the amount outstanding. In relation to awards in cases of discrimination, interest begins to accrue from the day after the tribunal’s decision is sent to the parties.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms