Areas of Law / Child Law

We looked after our baby grand-daughter for two years while her mother vanished abroad, but our application for a residence order was turned down and now we can only see our grand-daughter every other weekend. Is there any chance of an appeal against this decision? The barrister just told us to try to get on with the baby’s mother.

Your barrister will have been able to advise you, but you would probably have only been able to appeal against the decision on a point of law or fact. A lot depends on when the mother returned, and when the child was returned to her. I assume that your son is the father. His contact will have a bearing on the position. I’m afraid the barrister’s suggestion is the only practical one in the circumstances.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms