Areas of Law / Landlord and Tenant Law

My family and I have rented our house for more than sixty years, and it’s no secret that the landlord wants us out so that he can sell the property. Our neighbour has now taken over part of my garden, but my landlord isn’t interested. What can I do? I’m on income support so I’ve no money to fight the case.

Your landlord should be interested because your neighbour could claim the land as his own eventually if no-one registers an objection. This is quite possible if the property isn’’t registered at the Land Registry but if that doesn’t stir the landlord into action, perhaps you should request a deduction from your rent since you have lost an amenity –part of your garden –which you have previously enjoyed.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms