Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

My father left his money to me and my four brothers and sisters but I was seriously ill at the time, and they altered the will so that I now only receive the interest on the money and cannot touch the capital. My brothers and sisters are no longer alive, do I have a right to this money?

Your brothers and sisters won’t have been able to alter your father’s will without going to court. It sounds more likely that your father set up a trust in his will to look after your money for you. You need to find a copy of the will and get advice from a solicitor about the terms of the trust and who has the right to appoint new trustees. You should be able to obtain a copy of the will from the Probate Registry.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms