Areas of Law / Property

Our neighbours have recently renewed the surface of their drive, and as a result rainwater which has always seeped through the boundary wall has increased substantially, so that large puddles now form on our drive. What can we do?

Assuming that your title deeds don’t give your neighbours the right to discharge water on to your property you may be able to get a court order forcing them to put in a drainage channel or alter the slope of their drive, since draining water on to your property would probably be regarded as a “nuisance” in law. Discuss the problem with your neighbour first though. They might take action if they think things are moving towards costing them money. It’s best not to fall out with neighbours if it can be avoided.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms