Areas of Law / Personal Injury

My son was badly injured by a car while he was on a zebra crossing. The driver was convicted of careless driving and having no insurance. Does this mean my son cannot claim compensation?

No. Your son is probably entitled to compensation in view of the driver’s conviction for careless driving. He should seek the assistance of a solicitor who specialises in this type of claim to establish what compensation he might be entitled to. The solicitor will contact the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, which is an organisation established by insurance companies in order to compensate victims of motor accidents caused by uninsured drivers or drivers who cannot subsequently be traced.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms