Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

My son’s wife left him for another man, taking the children with her. I’ve always got on with my daughter-in-law, but she now says that if I want to see my grandchildren it will have to be when they’re at my son’s house. Can she stop me going round to see them?

If you just turn up and have a row with your daughter-in-law on the doorstep you’ll probably just upset your grandchildren. You could apply to the court for visiting rights, or contact in your own right, but if your son sees the children regularly the court could well decide that they’re away from their mother enough, especially if they’re very young. I recommend the softly, softly approach. If you tell your daughter-in-law that you’re available for baby-sitting duties she may well take you up on your offer.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms