Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

Some time ago my grandparents made a will leaving everything to each other. My grandfather died recently and my grandmother can’t remember the name of the solicitors where they made their wills. How do I go about trying to find the will; is there some kind of “search” we can do?

If you really need to find the will I suggest you ring the firms which appear to be the most likely candidates. But it may not be necessary: if your grandparents kept everything in joint names their money and property will have passed to your grandmother by survivorship. You can apply for letters of administration to deal with your grandfather’s estate if need be as though he died without making a will. Your grandmother can make a new will without finding the previous one.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms