Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

We had some crazy paving done in the back garden, but within a matter of days the cement started to crack and disintegrate. The gardener promised to come back but he now avoids coming to the ‘phone, what can I do?

It sounds as though frost got into the mortar before it had time to set! I suggest you write to the gardener telling him that unless he repairs the damage you will get another workman in to do the job and sue him in the County Court in order to recover the cost. If he doesn’’t respond (and you think he has the money to pay you) you can take out a claim yourself. Very often a solicitor’s letter is the most effective way of getting things moving.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms