Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

While my cousin was alive she was very concerned to make provision for her severely disabled brother, who has spent most of his life in a home. My cousin died 15 years ago, and I have just learned that her husband died last year. Could I get hold of a copy of his will to find out if they left him anything?

The easiest way to search for the will is online at There’s a £10 fee. Alternatively write to the Postal Searches and Copies Dept, Leeds District Probate Registry, York House, York Place, Leeds LS1 2BA. However if your cousin was determined to make provision for her brother she would probably have set up a trust fund for him. 

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms