Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

My wife and I both made wills a few years ago leaving everything to our son, stating his address. He and his family have now moved to Canada. Do we need to alter our wills to change his address?

No, as long as there can be no confusion about the person you’re referring to there’s no need to alter your wills. You may want to make a note of your son’s address and leave it with your will if you think your executor may have difficulty tracing him, but of course your son and your executor may be one and the same person.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms