Areas of Law / Landlord and Tenant Law

My wife and I are renting out our house in Blackpool. The tenant has only paid rent on two occasions, and we have served a section 21 notice to evict him at the end of the month. Can we get legal aid? Can we claim back all costs? Do we take him to our nearest court, or the one in Blackpool?

You probably won’t be entitled to legal aid – especially if you have two houses as assets. The court fee and some legal costs will be added to the debt, but your chances of seeing this money are slim. The main thing is to get your house back. Whilst it’s not necessary, you may want to issue proceedings in the court near the property; if the matter is defended it is likely to be transferred there anyway.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms