Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

Will I be entitled to any of my father’s property or money when he dies if he hasn’t included me in his will? My sister says my father has left everything to her, which doesn’t seem fair. Where am I likely to find a copy of the will?

Your father’s will may be kept in storage at his solicitor’s, although he’s likely to keep a copy at home. This is something you should probably discuss with him. On the face of it you’re unlikely to be entitled to anything if your father has cut you out of his will unless he’s giving you regular sums of money at the date of his death. However there’s a very remote possibility that you could bring a claim against his estate under the family provision legislation.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms