Areas of Law / Employment

I had a nervous breakdown 12 months ago brought on by overworking. I have undergone psychiatric treatment and counselling, and haven’t worked since. I am still technically employed by the firm, and wondered whether I am entitled to holiday pay for the last two years?

Yes, even if you are now no longer paid wages by the firm you are still entitled to the minimum 5.6 weeks’ holiday pay. I’m slightly surprised that your employment hasn’t been terminated after all this time. It suggests that your employer accepts some responsibility for your illness. It’s possible you can claim compensation from the company if its demands on you pushed you beyond your limits. I suggest you see a solicitor who specialises in this area of law.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms