Areas of Law / Landlord and Tenant Law

I rented my house out but although the assured shorthold tenancy agreement has come to an end the tenant is refusing to go. I don’t have anywhere else to live, and despite the “accelerated possession procedure” at the County Court we have been living in bed and breakfast accommodation for two months. Is there any way of speeding up the process?

Assuming you gave a legally valid notice seeking possession you shouldn’t have any difficulty obtaining a possession order. It’s possible you waited until the tenancy agreement came to an end before serving the notice, which will have had the effect of giving your tenant extra time. The law on landlord and tenant disputes is complicated so I would suggest you see a solicitor if you haven’t already done so. Certainly a solicitor will be able to find out if there has been unnecessary delay.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms