Areas of Law / Employment

I’m a teacher and I’ve been given another bad group again this year: they’re aggressive, nasty and disruptive. The school has given me no help whatsoever and I’ve been forced to hand my notice in. Can I take them to court for constructive dismissal?

The best advice is not to quit until you’ve exhausted every possible procedure, taken legal advice and find there’s absolutely no alternative. There usually is! You will only win a constructive dismissal case if you have followed grievance procedures, there has been a fundamental breach of your employment contract and you state explicitly the reason why you’re leaving when you hand in your notice. You should see your union representative now or a solicitor specialising in employment law to assess your predicament.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms