Areas of Law / Property

Recently my neighbour built a conservatory in his back garden. He knocked down concrete boundary posts put up by the council and proceeded to encroach on to my garden. He says he isn’t on my property, so what can I do?

Determining where the legal boundary is could be difficult. Land Registry plans are too small in scale to be of much use.  If any of the original fence remains, or even post holes, you should take photographs, since the original fence line is probably the legal boundary. Consult your solicitor as soon as possible. Boundary disputes are extremely costly but it is quite likely that you will have legal expenses insurance, which is often included in house contents policies. Check with the council whether planning permission was required for the extension.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms