Areas of Law / Property

Sometimes my neighbours come round to tell me they’re having a party and it might be “a bit noisy”. They play loud music through the night, and tell me that as long as they warn me beforehand they can make as much noise as they like for as long as they like. Is this true?

No! However it should be said that courteous neighbours are hard to find, and if they hold parties infrequently you may think it’s worth the occasional disturbance for a quiet life the rest of the year. There are a number of things you can do if you’re set on stopping the noise, including calling the police and the council’s Environmental Health department. You can apply to the magistrates’ court for a noise abatement order too, but it’s cheaper to get the council to act on your behalf.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms