Areas of Law / Employment

When the minimum wage was increased a complaint was made about our firm to HM Revenue and Customs. Our employers promised to apply the employment tribunal decision in every branch, but they haven’t done this. It’s been going on for months. Who’s responsible for enforcing this?

HMRC. Make a complaint about your employer yourself by filling in the form on their website. There is a provision for your employers to be charged twice the national minimum wage hourly rate per person per day that the basic rate hasn’t been applied. They can also be fined under the criminal law. Your colleagues who were successful at their employment tribunal can enforce the tribunal’s order through the County Court in the same way as a money judgement if they haven’t been paid. 

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms