Areas of Law / Employment

I was promised an extra £1,000 if I switched to a different job in the firm. I asked for the salary increase in writing, but the manager just said I’d have to take her word for it. However they’ve now gone back on this, and they won’t let me return to my old job where I was earning bonuses of up to £150 a month.

If you have any evidence that you were offered the £1,000 you could take the firm to an employment tribunal. However if you don’t I suggest you use the firm’s dispute resolution procedure. Make sure everything’s in writing, and put it to your manager that, since the increase didn’t materialise, there was no change to your employment contract and you intend to resume your old job. If you can’t resolve this see a solicitor specialising in employment matters.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms