Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

My neighbour has a maple tree on the boundary which is full of mildew and which damages my own plants and my lawn. I have discussed this with her amicably, but she refuses to cut the tree down. This year the problem is worse than ever, is there anything I can do to prevent further destruction of my garden?

You are of course entitled to cut back overhanging branches to the boundary (you have to offer the wood to your neighbour). This may prevent further damage to your garden, but it may also damage your relationship with your neighbour. You will have to decide which is worse.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms