Areas of Law / Personal Injury

Have you suffered an injury? Unsure of whether you can make a personal injury claim?

Suffering an accident is stressful enough but pursuing a compensation claim shouldn’t be a burden. Let our legal advisors support you through this difficult time. Whatever your question we can provide the legal answers you require. From whether you are eligible to receive compensation, to the funding options available to you. And best of all, it won’t cost you a penny.

What can I claim for?

Personal injury law covers all sorts of incidents. These can be split into six main categories:

  • Accident at work claims
  • Claims against local authorities or companies
  • Industrial disease claims
  • Road traffic accident claims
  • Serious injury claims
  • Slip, trip and fall claims

Can’t see your accident on this list? Don’t panic. Our personal injury lawyers deal with all types of injury claims, often on a no win no fee basis. When making a claim, you will be compensated not only for the pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of the accident / illness, but also for any loss of amenity or expenses that have come as a direct result of the incident.

Am I eligible to claim compensation?

If you have suffered physical or psychological discomfort because of another person or organisation’s negligence then you can claim compensation for personal injury. A specialist personal injury solicitor will be guide you through what you will need to do and what you will need to prove in order to make a successful claim.
Compensation can cover you for loss of earnings, medical expenses and rehabilitation costs. Whatever you need to get back on your feet.

Still uncertain?

Whether you need advice or to clarify a query -ask one of our legal advisors today. Simply write your question in the box and our lawyers will handle the rest.

Free personal injury legal advice at your fingertips.


Personal Injury Questions

What responsibility do householders have to clear ice and snow from their paths and drives? I remember someone successfully suing the owner of a house who had swept up the snow and put salt down. Is it advisable to leave well alone?

I was attacked coming home from a night out. I was badly battered about the face and sent in a claim for criminal injuries compensation together with four photos, having been told that I didn’t need legal advice. But I’ve now received a letter saying I’m not entitled to compensation. Am I too late to take legal advice now?

A year ago I tripped on an uneven pavement and fractured my wrists, which was serious since I am self-employed and couldn’t work for six months. I engaged a solicitor on a “no-win, no-fee” basis, who told me I had a good case. The solicitor now says the pavement was only raised an inch, and it has to be more uneven than that for a successful claim. What can I do now?

After an accident at work I received a report from the consultant which I feel does not fully explain about the disfigurement and damage I suffered. Is there a procedure for challenging the report?

I told my employers that I intended to finish work. Then, four weeks before I was due to leave, I had an accident when one of the castors came off my office chair and I had to be taken to hospital. I returned to work a fortnight later but was told to finish with immediate effect. Although they are giving me notice pay I feel I may have a case for compensation.

My wife has been off work for 12 months since contracting food poisoning at the private nursing home where she worked, and the health department was involved. She has heard nothing from her employers in all this time. Is she entitled to any form of compensation?

Fourteen months ago I fell down a flight of wooden stairs at work. I needed an operation and extensive physiotherapy on a broken wrist, which meant I was off work for nine months, and I’ve recently been told I will need another operation and will be left with a permanent disability. The firm’s insurers won’t accept liability, which doesn’t seem fair since my job prospects have been permanently damaged.

I was involved in an accident two years ago, when a car ran into the back of mine. The driver of the other vehicle died of a heart attack. I was off work for six weeks, but his insurance company is saying I’m not entitled to compensation because he died before the accident happened and he had no previous history of heart trouble.

I had a serious injury at work five months ago and was told I wouldn’t be fit for work again for up to two years. Now I’m being made redundant after 25 years with the firm. Can they just do that?

Our service is completely free and we can help you.

Ask your question now

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms